Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Loan Documentation Specialist
Denver, CO 80202 United States
We offer a friendly, professional work environment, an excellent starting salary and an outstanding benefit package, including health, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance and stock purchase plan.
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
The Loan Documentation Specialist II assists in the efficient routine and intermediate operations of the Loan Documentation department by preparing loan documentation for consumer, commercial, construction, real estate and SBA loans for CoBiz Bank.
• Responsible for preparing loan documentation (including but not limited to Promissory Notes, Security/Pledge Agreements, Deeds of Trusts and other supporting collateral documentation) for a variety of loan types (i.e., consumer, commercial, construction, SBA, etc.).
• Ensures that all documentation is prepared in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, as well as Bank policies and procedures.
• Participates in the Quality Control job share position, to ensure that all documentation is prepared accurately.
• Audits collateral files to guaranty the accuracy and perfection of the existing documents (i.e., Resolution signers, terms and conditions of the Promissory Note, liens filed on recordable documents, etc.).
• Communicates with lenders and administrative assistants.
• Responsible for completing computer based compliance training to include but is not limited to CRA, Fact Act, Flood Disaster Protection, OFAC, HOEPA, RESPA, HMDA, Reg O and Reg U.
• Exercises awareness in regard to suspicious activity, money laundering or fraudulent behavior as it relates to cash transactions, new account relationships, international wires and overall transaction activity and documents any such behavior so SAR filings can be considered.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations including but not limited to BSA, Reg D, Reg E, Reg P, Reg CC, Reg DD and unclaimed Properties.
• May direct and coordinate workflow of, as well as provide functional guidance to junior Loan Documentation Specialists.
• Assists coworkers with more complex loan packages.
• Assists with other areas of Loan Operations when needed.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
• General to intermediate knowledge in loan documentation, collateral, policies and regulations.
• Working knowledge of the Internet, Windows, Word and Excel.
• Working knowledge of accounting principles.
• Ten-key and data entry skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all employees.
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
Education or Formal Training:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Three to five years previous experience documenting loan packages.
• Previous experience in the banking or finance industry.
• Previous experience in a customer service or administrative support position.
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017