Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 United States
Based on experience
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
Summary of Duties: The primary responsibility of the Credit Analyst is to provide financial and commercial credit underwriting analysis to Loan Officers ensuring accurate information on the credit worthiness of accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Daily and Ongoing)
• Performs detailed financial analysis (including performance ratios) as directed by Loan Officers:
o Identifies strengths and weaknesses relating to the credit worthiness of potential clients.
o Evaluates a borrower’s historical operating performance, quality, future viability, cash flow sustainability, management ability, and risk management.
o Notes any deviation from the Bank’s loan policies and procedures.
o Investigates credit investigation of the borrower and guarantors.
o Researches economic and market conditions as they relate to the company, industry, and market area.
o Performs in-depth historical financial analysis, including the performance of “what if” scenarios that test the reasonableness of the projections.
o Performs in-depth analysis of the guarantor’s financial position.
o Performs in-depth analysis of the secondary sources of repayment, such as collateral.
o Performs in-depth proposed debt analysis.
o Communicates credit concerns and questions to Loan Officers.
• Researches, collects, and incorporates into analysis, industry specific data and information from sources including:
o Conversations with the borrower.
o References from industry publications provided by other banks and credit agencies.
o The Internet.
• Orders, reviews and tracks appraisals; updates and maintains the “approved appraiser list”.
• Completes internal collateral evaluations and maintenance, as necessary, of related closed County real estate sales transactions.
• Completes construction inspections; processes construction loan draws including full examination of draw documentation, tracking of loan advances versus project completion, consultation with borrowers, and presentation to Loan Officer.
• Reviews and approves special handling checks presented through bank deposit accounts.
• Participates in customer meetings as requested by Loan Officers.
• Provides a written analysis for Loan Officers that includes a list of strengths and weaknesses of credit and a recommendation for approval, denial, or alternative structure.
• Prepare credit presentations for approval by Directors Loan Committee (DLC) and/or Craig Loan Committee (CLC).
• Attends DLC or CLC meetings and takes accurate minutes of these meetings.
• Assists with updating and preparing periodic Board of Director/DLC/CLC/Other Reports (i.e., Quarterly Loan Portfolio Stress Testing Analysis, Master Construction Inspection List), including related system queries and analysis.
• Assists Loan Officers with reviewing loan files for accuracy and completeness.
• Ensure that we meet and exceed Audit and Government Compliance Requirements for Credit Quality, Loan Administration, and other exams, each and every time
• Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and bank loan policies.
• Complete compliance coursework selected for Credit Analyst by Internal Auditor on time twice per year.
• Complete at least one continuing education course outside the bank annually.
• BSA Responsibilities: Compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and the USA PATRIOT Act including identifying and reporting suspicious trends and activities to the BSA Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field is preferred, but not required.
• 2+ years of credit analysis experience.
• Will have completed formal commercial credit/analysis training and is expected to pursue/complete ongoing training
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with the public and co-workers.
• Advanced computer skills and detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and General Ledger accounting, and the ability to quickly learn other proprietary or Bank-specific programs and models.
• Is able to understand and abide by all Bank policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
• Is able to maintain customer confidentiality.
• Effectively listens to customers and is able to discern the customers’ needs.
• Constantly aware of surroundings and activities taking place nearby.
• Demonstrates the initiative to solve problems, ability to express a sound opinion & agreeably understand or present another viewpoint.
• Demonstrates willingness to work periodically inconsistent or extended schedules when necessary to meet deadlines.
• Possesses strong organizational, multi-tasking, analytical, and oral & written communication skills.
• Possesses strong customer service, relationship and ability/desire to attain business development skills.
• Possesses valid Colorado or other authorized driver’s license with acceptable driving record. Must have transportation and vehicle insurance sufficient for frequent travel to client, training or construction locations.
• Displays professional/mature judgment and style and takes ownership of personal performance and development.
• Consistently personally maintains and fosters positive attitudes as well as YVB Core Values of Trust, Service, Value and Integrity among employees, clients, prospects and shareholders.
• Willingness to learn new skills and functions within the Bank.
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017