Home / Jobs
(this posting is now closed/inactive)
Herndon, VA 20170 United States
Only current U.S. residents will be considered
The primary purpose of this position is to assist Northwest Federal Credit Union in living out our vision to be the lifetime financial partner for our member-owners. To achieve this goal, the position must deliver the highest quality service to internal and external members. A key component of service to our external members is to identify their financial needs and recommend an appropriate Northwest Federal Credit Union solution.
8:00AM- 6:00PM Monday thru Friday
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• A Loan Officer in Consumer Lending works directly with members processing loan applications by telephone, fax, email through Online Banking or sent via the Internet. To provide the highest quality professional service to members interviewing and counseling loan applicants, offering member’s information on all types of loans, interest rates, collateral requirements, terms and all other products and services offered by the Credit Union and CUSO.
• Analyzes, evaluates, approves and funds loans as directed by NWFCU Lending policy. Submits loans that guidelines dictate to the Senior Loan Officer who may then forward the loan to Loan Review Committee for approval. This requires a written explanation for the referral as well as full documentation and information to support the request.
• Must be detail-oriented, organized and knows all policies and procedures, of products and services available through the Credit Union and CUSO, and can communicate them to members using clear and correct grammar and written skills that are easily understood by members. Cross-sells all products and services to include Credit Life and Disability Insurance, Auto Warranty and GAP protection. Also attempts to capture loans from other financial institutions while processing loans for members.
• Communicate loan decision to members. Prepare documents and review them with members to close the loan. Ensure loan is uploaded properly into core system. In addition to having current knowledge of loan funding and documentation procedures must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
• Knowledge of Debt Management Programs, to include Balance and Debt In Focus.
• Must have strong computer skills and proficiency with lending industry software and terminology. Is able to compute payment schedules. Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products in order to better meet the members' needs.
• Work with members to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
• Verify quality and accuracy of loan documents. Ensures proper loan documents are being used.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
8:00AM- 6:00PM Monday thru Friday
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma and experience as Member Service Representative and Floater within NWFCU.
3 - 4 years experience in financial services environment performing loan duties (Loan decisioning) is required if being hired as Loan Officer.
Working knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Computer Applications: LoansPQ, Power Center (if applicable), EIC (Enterprise Interaction Client), Certegy (secure email), Fidelity (credit cards), ePort credit reporting, Nada Guides, Auto Warranty and GAP programs. Ability to use the keyboard, typewriter, calculator, fax machine and copier. Refer other credit union products and services such as Northwest Financial LLC. Reviews approved applications to determine that all conditions have been met prior to funding.
All positions require U.S. citizenship and a Federal Government Security Clearance. Those with an active security clearance are encouraged to apply; NWFCU will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. Further, all applicants must pass bondability requirements and will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine eligibility for employment with NWFCU.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
job seeker links
Bankjobs.com™ is a subsidiary of Careers, Inc. ©1996-2017